3.04.2011

Rasterbator!

I found this idea from someone elses blog.  I think it was called Not Martha. 
Anyways, she did a picture like this of her and her husband.  I found the program (that you can download for free) called Rasterbator.  All you do is upload the picture you want and then you have options such as the dot size, color, landscape, how many sheets wide, etc.  I didn't really know what to put for dot size because it was in mm and I didn't have a ruler on hand.  So I just picked 15mm.  I originally did 5 pages wide landscape but the other pages were too much.  I suppose someone that is good at planning things out before they do them (not me) would have cropped the picture first.

So I cut out all of the sheets while watching Bethenny Getting Married on HULU. 


Then after a run to the store for tape (I totally had 3 rolls of tape that have completely disappeared.  I even looked on top of the refrigerator because Sam likes to put things there.) I came back to piece it together.  The piecing together job was not the best as you can see.  My mom would probably make it perfect but seriously, it's just regular printing paper, nothing serious, I might get bad reviews and throw it away (I mean recycle it).


I hung it up on one of our new plaster walls to the left of the window. 
I used some of that 3M tape that is supposed to not damage your walls (since I don't want to put nail holes in our new plaster walls).  I haven't had a good experience with the 3M tape so far but it's all I have.  I'm interested in that UGlu stuff that I saw a commercial about.

No comments:

Post a Comment